Saturday, November 22, 2008

A break from politics...

Yesterday Aldetha went to work with me for the last time until January 20th (at the earliest!) With the imminent birth of our third child (and the speed with which my wife went through labor and delivery on the first two) I will be driving to work so as to be only 5 minutes from home rather than 25 minutes.

I am not too concerned about that. I am normally in a better mood if I bike into work and I don't look forward to trying to manage my weight as I stop biking and start the holidays. The expense will be no problem. Last Wednesday morning I filled Gandalf at $1.85/gallon. By that afternoon the price was $1.81. Yesterday it was down to $1.75. A far cry from the $3.60 we once paid over the summer.

Today is the day - BCS Buster or Wanna-Be? I speak of the Utah-BYU game at 6pm this evening(4pm MST.) Based on their performances in their recent games, and the fact that the game is at Rice-Eccles, Utah should beat BYU.

My prediction:
Utah 35
BYU 24

Of course, I will not be watching until the very end - I get too nervous.

Go Utes!
Brad

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Aldetha. You better make it up to her with a new chain or at least a nice shower and some wax. Good luck with the withdrawal. I gave up biking for two months, and now that I'm finally starting to ride again, it's freezing cold and I'm out of shape. Ugh.

Hey, good prediction about the game. When should I buy stock in Apple?

Liz said...

Did Mom tell you that they stayed up until 1 a.m. watching the re-run of the game? They missed the last half to come to my concert, so when they got home and the "Mountain" cable channel was re-playing it, they couldn't turn away.