Friday, September 5, 2008

Hurricane Season in NJ...

The weekend is finally here! I did alright on the first day for each of my classes. The Student Success was the most difficult because I am not as comfortable with the content as I am with Political Science. The Dean of Academic Affairs (who created and runs the Student Success course) told me that my experience is typical of all first-time instructors - simply getting through the course is enough.

Tropical storm Hanna will hit New Jersey sometime Saturday afternoon. I had hoped to mow the lawn after returning from seminary inservice; however, 5-7 inches of rain really harshes on a completely manual mower's cutting ability. "Tropical storm" sounds ominous, doesn't it? One of my colleagues told me that the winds are expected to gust 45-50 mph - which is no worse than the nor-eastern storms we got last May. If that is the case then we probably have nothing to worry about.

Biking home to batten down the hatches,
Brad

1 comment:

Victor said...

Dear Brad,

You don't know me. I was your brother's friend from Cornell. Since last year he hasn't posted anything on LJ. Neither has anyone else been in contact with him.

We have all been distraught over his "disappearance". (Well, I'll speak for myself.) I was at least. I am assuming that, for whatever reason, he just doesn't want to return to that time in his life.

I just would like to hear from you a confirmation that he is ok. I mean I've just been worried for more than a year now... It would be nice to know he's ok.

Thank you.