Thursday, November 26, 2009

The annual quandry...

It has been a busy and tiring Thanksgiving Day. My wife and I did not get to sleep until 1am last night, and our daughter woke us at 6:45 this morning! We then hosted a Thanksgiving dinner for 16 people (we did the turkey - so it was an involved day.)

I have been reviewing Walmart's "Black Friday" deals (the early 5am-11am variety) and there are several items that we really do need at excellent prices. The really important stuff is the childrens clothing: winter boots, fleece coats, sleepwear, hoodies and jeans. Taking advantage of these deals would require my getting up by 4:30am - and therein lies the quandry. I am dead tired (so why am I still up at 10pm?) but for those prices I just can't in good conscience not go.

I should go to bed so I'll be ready to go shopping early tomorrow. I won't get to sleep after I get home because we have to clean and recover from Thanksgiving dinner.

And there's a Nor'easter blowing in overnight.

Why do I have to get out of my nice warm bed to get some stupid "Black Friday" deals? Why can't they come here where my nice warm bed is? And why....am I talking to myself?
Brad

1 comment:

Liz said...

So, did you get what you wanted?