Sunday, August 26, 2007

Calling contest...

Well, my wife set-up a "calling contest" on her blog yesterday and linked to my blog stating that I would have one too. So here it is:

What calling will I get in our new ward?

Here's the deal: I offer no prizes (I'm into that "success is its own reward" idea) but I do offer inside info.....
The ward has just over 400 members of record. Over 200 single sisters and just about 80 priesthood-holding brethren (about ten of them are over 75 years old.) I told the bishop that I was coming off a stint as the ward choir director - but that was after my wife had explained her experience in music and told him she enjoyed being the choir director. I also told him of my experience teaching in Elders' quorum and in Sunday School (Family History.) He also mentioned that the ward clerk/ward organist/Elders' quorum & High Priest group teacher needed to be released from one of those callings.

There it is. Let the comments begin!
Brad

5 comments:

Liz said...

I posted this to your wife's blog already, but I think you both will be called to the nursery.

DireKobold said...

Ward Clerk.

Becky said...

I'll say EQ/HP teacher. You'll be so sick of teaching - Saturday will be your only day of escape! That's not a vengeful wish, just an observation if that is the calling you get.

Rob O. said...

I don't know why, but I sort of think it will be something like ward librarian or ward historian for both of you, at least for now.

Mom said...

I've never been one to second guess the Lord -- I just know it will be a wonderful and growing experience for you. I'm grateful you have both talked with the Bishop!

Love you big, big manys,
MOM