Saturday, August 4, 2007

Starting with a win…

8/4/2007: 2.6 miles, 21:30, 8:16 pace

The shorter run today came because I ran the 5th-Annual Thistle Park Race. It combines a 2.6-mile run with a 6-mile bike ride. My wife and I teamed up – I took the run and she took the biking. Together we finished second in the “team” category. I finished 1st in the running part. My older son won the biking part of the kids’ race and my younger son came in 2nd in the running part. Overall, a great event!

Everything is on its way to New Jersey (except us of course!) The ABF/U-Pack trailer left on Thursday morning and will arrive at our apartment on Tuesday the 14th. We dropped of Gandalf (our car) to be shipped yesterday. He will arrive on Saturday the 18th. I am very happy that I will not have to drive back to California. I much prefer a 4-5 hour flight to a 10-12 hour drive (especially when I would be the one doing the driving!)

I hope all y’all like my new blog. If you have any suggestions, just let me know.

I could get used to this “winning” thing,

Brad

No comments: