Tuesday, May 6, 2008

How many televisions do you have? UPDATED

We have reached the part of the semester where I turn the class over to the students for group presentations. One of the groups chose to present on the influence that television has had on presidential elections. An overall fine discussion including the 1960 Nixon-Kennedy debate and the 1964 "daisy" commercial:



Before the start of their presentation they polled the class to see how many TV sets each person had in their home. First they asked who had only one - and only Professor Young raised his hand. They then proceeded with "2 or more?", "3 or more?", etc. Most of the class still had their hands up at "6 or more?" The winner had twelve. Why does anyone need to have 6 TVs in his/her house?!?!

Well, without TV I would never have seen this:



Since all of my sibs normally agreed to watch Red Dwarf, I guess we really only needed one.

Still in a Britcom mood,
Brad

UPDATE: I've eliminated the embedded YouTube that had the "new" voice-over and replaced it with the one suggested by my wife in her comment.

1 comment:

Alberta said...

The "flower" ad you posted has a different voice over than the original. Here's a link to the best copy of the original ad I could find on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er5h_TXun6o&feature=related

BTW, the boys loved the Red Dwarf clip. ;)