Friday, May 16, 2008

One semester ends and another begins...

Spring semester classes were over as of last Tuesday (5/13) and the grades were due on Friday. I spent the better part of Wednesday and Thursday grading the last exams and most of Friday finalizing the grades. The grades have been available to the students since Saturday evening and I have only heard from two students. Fortunately, the reason they e-mailed me was to thank me for being such a good teacher.

Summer session started on Monday. I am teaching one class during the first 5-weeks (5/19-6/24) and hope to teach two during the second 5-weeks (6/25-7/29.) I would have taught 2 classes during the first session but my 8am International Relations class only had 6 students registered in it. Officially a class needs to have 10 students for the administration to let it run. The dean of my department will argue for keeping a class if it has 9, but 6 is just too few. Although that means I don't get to teach my favorite subject (and I lose out on the income) it's been nice to have a little more time to myself and my family in the morning after seminary.

Starting the lazy days of summer,
Brad

1 comment:

Liz said...

When does seminary end? Do you have anyone graduating?