Wednesday, December 1, 2010

One big step forward...

Today my Dean and I met with the VP of Academic Affairs for my semi-annual non-tenured faculty conference.  Both of them were impressed with my performance over the past 6 months.  The VP suggested some activities that I should pursue during the Spring and Summer to strengthen my tenure application (due October 2011) but did not indicate any areas where I needed any change or improvement.  He is therefore recommending (to the President) that the Board of Trustees renew my contract for the 2011-2012 academic year.  That basically means that I am 99.9% certain that I will be renewed.

This is a great relief.  I enjoy what I do and I think I do it extremely well.  It's a good feeling to have my supervisors say so.

Looking forward to receiving the official letter from the Board later next week,
Brad

No comments: