Friday, September 7, 2007

Revelation on personal energy and Constitution Day...

9/6/2007: 14.22-mile biking, 51:57, 16.4 mph

Yesterday's bike ride was easy enough going into work but the wind was right in my face all the way home. In addition, I spent most of the day on my feet teaching four of my seven classes. All that explains the 1 mph dip in my speed.

I thought that sleeping in the past few days would help my energy level. I thought that biking every day to work and the stress of preparing and teaching classes would necessitate more sleep. Nope! I was wrong. I have more energy if I get up on only 6 hours of sleep and go running than if I stay in bed and get 1-2 extra hours of sleep. I have been dragging the last few mornings - so I hope to get back into running tomorrow morning.

Sen. Robert Byrd (D-WV) got a federal law signed that requires the Dean of the Social Sciences at OCC to recognize "Constitution Day" in some manner. The law is not specifically directed at OCC, but that's the effect it has. So, the Dean came by to see if I wanted to do something in the student center for "Constitution Day." I told him I would. So now I get to present, "Separation of Powers: the Iraq War" on Monday, September 17th. Doing so will look great on my tenure resume, it's a subject I am very interested in, and it will allow other students in the college to see me and hopefully get to know and like me.

Oh, and I start teaching seminary at 6am next week.

Just barely a day ahead,
Brad

No comments: