Saturday, June 14, 2008

From the mouth of my boy...

My younger son says some of the best stuff to describe new or different sensations. For example, he calls any food or drink that has an unusual or strong taste or texture "spicy." Well, yesterday my wife was lightly tickling him on the back of his neck. We can do that with him. His older brother is so ticklish he would have dropped to the ground in hysterics the instant we touched his neck. But I digress. After she had been tickling him for about 20 seconds he said "now I'm all hairy." I never would have thought to identify "getting the chills" or "goosebumps" as "I'm all hairy."

A few days ago my wife was serving the boys lunch. We normally buy the "double fiber" variety of Arnold bread (it's been on sale lately.) Well, I decided to get a variety the last time I went shopping. One of the variety was called "Oat Nut." It's a little lighter in color and texture than the double fiber, but still has lots of good stuff in it. My wife chose the Oat Nut bread to make the boys' sandwiches. When my younger son saw the bread he said, "Is that white bread? I don't like white bread!" My wife reassured him that it was not white bread. Later that night when she told me the story, we shared a moment of deep pride in the bread preferences we have instilled in our boys.

Raising healthy and regular boys,
Brad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. He probably eats the crust, too. I think Sahara's been hanging out with Paul too much, cause she won't eat the crust anymore.