Monday, June 16, 2008

Running again...

I've decided to start running again. I found a pretty cool podcast to help in my return called Podrunner: Intervals. I tried the first week's edition of "First Day to 5K" yesterday. The 142 beats per minute pace for the running portion was too slow for me. I also felt like I was walking more than I really needed to. Nevertheless, I am sore today. I definitely use different muscles when running than I do when biking. For tomorrow I plan to use week one of the "Gateway to 8K." I figure since I am in good shape because of my biking and I have a history of running, I can skip ahead. I'll let you know how tomorrow goes.

Yesterday my boys dressed one of their teddy bears as a king and put him on a chair in their room. They both picked up their swords and stood guard outside the door. At regular intervals they would come tell me and my wife that "the king wishes to see you." I love the creativity and energy they have - I just wish I was more patient and understanding of all their creativity and energy. Oh well! It gives me something to improve on. I could also improve my patience when they don't understand what I have asked them to do. It may take more time to explain, but ultimately its worth the result:



Finally, what do you get when you combine 80s music, Star Wars, and So You Think You Can Dance?



The dark side is just so much cooler,
Brad

No comments: