Monday, June 30, 2008

A fun weekend...

Last Wednesday my wife's sister and her husband arrived to stay with us for the weekend. They spent most of the day Thursday resting (they were on their way back to Utah from Europe) while I taught my morning class and my wife attended her afternoon ASL class. Friday we were ready for some fun!

A family in our ward runs a parasailing business out of Point Pleasant and has been reminding us that we need to come try it out. With family in town our chance had come! We went up in pairs - I got to go with my younger son, then my sister-in-law and her husband went, and finally my wife and older son went. Neither of my boys are big fans of heights (nor am I, just ask my sister about the Eiffel Tower or the big ferris wheel at lagoon) but they both loved the ride and are ready to go again!

While the in-laws were in New York on Saturday, we went up to the Monmouth Mall to do some maternity clothes shopping and see WALL•E. I loved it! I even got a little teary at the end. The boys loved it too; unfortunately, my older son got impatient when we didn't get up and leave once the credits started. I guess we haven't done a good job passing down that tradition. The clothes shopping was also a great success. For dinner we went to 4 different places at the food court - isn't that what a food court is for?

I think we are going to try to have more weekends like that this summer,
Brad

2 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, I'm impressed about the parasailing. Sounds like lots of fun. I'm glad everyone enjoyed it and it was a positive experience for your boys!

Liz said...

I think I'll need to see a picture before I'll believe you actually went parasailing ;-).