Monday, November 29, 2010

Bike troubles...

First, an injury update...

My older son is still limping, but the x-ray came back negative.  He probably just pulled a muscle or strained some soft tissue in another way.  I'd say he should rest and stay off his leg for a while, but I don't think boys his age know how to do that unless they are really sick.

For the first time in a while, Aldetha is out of commission.  This morning while performing my pre-trip inspection, I found that her front tire was about 50% flat.  I attributed the air loss to the sub-zero temperatures overnight and used our full-size manual pump to inflate the tire.  It stayed inflated through my entire morning commute and seemed solid when I got to OCC.  This afternoon I decided to check her out before I got changed into my biking clothes.  Sure enough, the tire was flat again - this time entirely!  My portable air pump was ineffective and I didn't have a spare tire anyway.  I had my family pick me up and Aldetha will be headed to Padi's Pedal for a replacement tire and a long overdue accessory installation (my family got me some side-racks for Fathers' Day that require professional installation with my old-school rear rack) and overall check-up.  My older son's bike also needs some reassembly work.  I think we'll be able to get them in and out by Thursday so I can get back to biking by Friday.

I definitely need to keep up on my exercise.  I feel so much better when I do and it is the only way I can survive the holidays without adding extra weight (I know I do not have the self-control to maintain my weight by limiting calories.)

"It's the most fattening time of the year,"
Brad

No comments: