Saturday, November 20, 2010

A day of transition...

Well, my escapism and avoidance only lasted so long. I had nightmares most of last night - all of them involved being stalked or hunted down by some ominous hunter (not Hirogen, though, that would have been at least somewhat cool.) I woke up feeling agitated - and it showed in how I dealt with my family. I think that may be why my oldest has had such a sassy/moody day - he's keyed into his dad's mood a little too much.

Well, I was able to break out of my mood through raking leaves with the whole family. We threw ourselves into the front yard with 3 rakes and 2 garbage cans. My boys had already filled 11 bags before today and we got at least another 15 before we ran out of bags. We didn't even get to the leaves on the smaller side of our driveway - and that's just the front yard. The back yard is at least twice as big and has not been raked this Fall. Hard labor is ahead!

After finishing the leaves my younger son and I went over to Rich's II for their "last day of the season 1/2-price sale." We got 1/2 gallon of vanilla (for Thanksgiving pies) and 1 quart each of their pumpkin and egg nog ice cream. We had some for dessert tonight and it was wonderful!

Tomorrow I am teaching both the 12-18 youth in Sunday School and the Elders Quorum. The youth get a lesson on Eternal Marriage (we just finished the lesson on Chastity last week - so a natural segue) and the brethren get a lesson on Baptism. I love teaching, so it hardly seems like a burden to do so at church. I just hope that the Spirit will be with me - because that's who really teaches.

Brad

No comments: