Thursday, November 18, 2010

It's not my fault - really.

So I didn't get to post last night and here's why...

I was in Atlantic City for the New Jersey League of Municipalities Conference with several students from one of the many clubs I advise. After attending the first day's meetings we checked-in at Bally's and settled into our rooms. I started up Destro (my laptop is named Destro) to check my e-mail and post; however, I found that the wi-fi cost $12.99 per day! I decided then and there that skipping a day was better than spending that much for internet access. So I relaxed, went to the Irish Pub for dinner: corned-beef sandwich (with slaw and dressing), steak fries, and carrot cake for dessert (all for just over $9!)

Today's morning meetings went well and we were able to get back to OCC in the mid-afternoon. The mood in my academic school was depressing. I think one of my colleagues had been "officially" informed that her contract will not be renewed for next year. It was really bad - I was so glad when my wife and kids arrived to take me home.

Now, some may say that the economy is what is causing the negative vibe at work. That's like saying that the economy created the Tea Party as a national movement. It certainly contributed, but other factors played a far bigger role.

Brad

No comments: