Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday...

My "Black Friday" started late on Thursday at Toys R Us. I drove by at 11:30 to see over 200 people lined up still waiting to get in (they opened at 10pm!) I quickly drove on to Walmart.

Walmart does not close anymore. How, you may ask, do they handle time-sensitive sales, then? Well, they wrap the goods in black plastic and put employees of various levels of effectiveness as "guards" to prevent anyone from buying anything. Depending on which employee you got, you were allowed to (a) TOUCH & SEE NOTHING; (b) look, but don't touch; (c) pick what you want, but stay on the spot until 12am; (d) take what you want and go stand in line to wait to check-out at 12am; (e) "I'm not sure what's going on, so..., whatever!" Needless to say, I didn't find much and I plan to never go to Walmart for Black Friday again.

The family and I headed out to join my wife in her mid-morning sales run. We ended up staying out until 4pm! We got lots of good stuff, but were not as organized as we would like...(grrr!) The Asbury Park Press did not deliver our paper yesterday. I lodged complaints both online and via the phone system (nobody was at work) so we got both yesterday and today's paper today! A lot of good that does us! Asbury Park Press, welcome to my "enemies list"...say hello to Walmart.

Our last errand was over to Community Hospital to get an X-ray of my oldest son's hip. He's been limping and complaining of pain for over a week and our chiropractor recommended we get him checked just in case his growth plate or something else more serious is damaged (just to be safe!) We'll get the results tomorrow - so I'll let you know what's up then.

Time to eat ice cream and watch something silly,
Brad

No comments: